Help with a "copy+paste from excel to another software" project in UiPath

Hello,

I am currently working on my first UiPath project.

The idea is that a user should fill in the data ‘years’, ‘from’, ‘to’ and ‘companies’ in an Exceld document. When the process starts, the information from each row must be copied and pasted into the text boxes ‘years’, ‘from’, ‘to’ and ‘companies’ in another application.

The process will then be looped and the information from the next row in the Excel document will be copied. It will take place until there is no more line of information.

Any recommendations how to do this?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Erik

Hi @Erik
you can use Read Range Activity=>Create a Datatable and don’t give range make it as empty
use for each loop and use type based on row wise manipulation such as row(0).to String =>Years etc

Like wise you can do it for other applications :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks
Ashwin S

Hello @Erik,

I’ve attached working code. modify it as per your requirement.
Main.xaml (10.2 KB)
Report.xlsx (9.4 KB)

Any doubts feel free to ask :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Pankaj

1 Like
  1. Read the Excel Using Read Range Activity , Get the output as datatable
  2. Loop the Datatable Rows and Manipulate it with your Business logics

Hi Pankaj and thank you for great response!

The working code you sent seemd to work fine. :slight_smile:

Question; is it possible to modify the code so the robot export the information from one row a time.

In this case; write in the information from row one, print the report, write in the information from row two, print the report and so on…

Again, thank you!

Erik

Hello Pankaj,

your code worked very nicely, but since its in a loop “for each row” its adding all the fields from the column.

can you please help in how to fix that, I only want 1 row from 1 column per cycle.

Thanks,
Rana