Hello I had a question about handling a pop up

Right now in my process I wanted to handle system exception case scenarios. I realized once i tried to close this pop window in this page the selector broke and threw a system exception. The page is frozen . This is how the page looks like

Once the re-framework directs it via transition to the init state it tries to kill and relaunch page. only problem is this bot will be unattended and will always be required to log in due to locking mechanisms in page. So when i Kill process using this activity

it does close the page but when i relaunch the pop up window is there, causing failure to my launch component
I tried close tab activity

and send keys ALT+f4

but anytime the page relaunches the window is still open

and this can cause system exceptions and issues in the re-framework and can cause issues for other items being processed please if someone can help me with either a way to clear cookies on this page or remove this pop up by invoking some type of code into this page the ui-way could possibly cause issues and disrupt the workflow. I need to be able to handle this and allow clean launch anytime a system exception is thrown in my project. Also this element is not an actual pop up so i can attach the window cant click out of it , it seems to be a section element.

1 Like

In your Catch block you need to deal with properly closing that window

1 Like

How will I be able to achieve this if the selectors for the window break ? . If in UI I’m not able to close this window what are other options for closing the ui.

1 Like

It freezes so I can’t not click it. What’s something else I can do !

1 Like

Close the browser process and restart it.

1 Like

Okay is there an alternative way I will try to use close browser activity ? anytime I relaunch it’s still logged and the pop up window is available. I tried closing it using click activity the window completely frozen never successfully closing it. Then when page was relaunched since that window was open it failed not sure what to do I’m using a reuseable library component for launch so I will have to catch it somehow in the framework . There’s nothing I can do via command line or inject js ? Maybe invoke vb code to close that window.

First check how to close manually as user that pop up so it will not come op. If as user you cannot handle, do not expect magic with other tools.

Ask the Developer of that page, why that pop up is all the time enabled even if you are trying to close it, and if that is not expected, ask them to fix the behavior.

Then check these activities, and find the one that is helping you to achieve the same:

Ok if i cannot speak to that developer. I guess Using UI is my only option? I was looking to see if I was able click this window close without ui , like using activities like inject js

If you know which element to close in Javascript for that page, yes, you can try to use this activity Activities - Inject JS Script

Some hints: javascript - Close popup window - Stack Overflow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.