Having issue on loading data from excel into Queue

Hi,

I am trying to upload data from an excel into Queue. My BoT executes successfully with no data loaded into Queue. In the log, I could see the message “No Transaction Data”. Since the queue is newly created and there is no data, I believe the output field out_TransactionItem does not have any value. How should I over come this and have my data loaded into Queue successfully. If I run my sequence which reads the excel and loads the data into queue, it is working fine. But when I run it from main, it is not going to process flow.

It was running fine. Not sure what happened. I deleted the queue from the Orchestrator and recreated it. That is when I am facing this issue. I checked the queue name. They are same both in Studio as well in Orchestrator. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Prameela Janardanan

@prameelaj,
can you upload your workflow?

Main.xaml (52.7 KB)
Dispatcher - BodyUploadQueue.xaml (7.1 KB)
Process.xaml (4.9 KB)

I have below questions:

1. The TransactionItem is defined as a queueitem in General Business Process. Not sure where this field is getting value assigned.
  2. This field is assigned as a value to out_TransactionItem. Since I am trying to upload the data into queue, initially there will be no items in queue. So, out_TransactionItem will have no value. Only if the TransactionItem holds some value, out_TransactionItem will take that value and pass the condition and will go the assignment statements in the True process. Otherwise it will go the False process which is nothing but the end process.

Can you also please explain the above?

Thanks.

@prameelaj,
in add queue activity you didn’t mention the data that needs added to the queue.
so , in the .add queue activity reference property mention the data as shown in the example below.

It is not even going there. The control is not even going into Process flow. Please find the execution status of each activities.

GetTransactionData.xaml (9.4 KB)

@prameelaj,
Your not assigning any transaction number to out_TransactionID and in your if loop your checking whether the out variable has data or not at the start so, every time this fails no out_TransactionId has no data.

@prameelaj,
GetTransactionData.xaml (9.6 KB)

I modified my xaml file accordingly. Now I am getting below error.

n ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at lambda_method(Closure , ActivityContext )
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Activities.VisualBasicValue1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity1.InternalExecuteInResolutionContext(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteInResolutionContext[T](ActivityInstance parentInstance, Activity1 expressionActivity) at System.Activities.InArgument1.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance activityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor)
at System.Activities.RuntimeArgument.TryPopulateValue(LocationEnvironment targetEnvironment, ActivityInstance targetActivityInstance, ActivityExecutor executor, Object argumentValueOverride, Location resultLocation, Boolean skipFastPath)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.InternalTryPopulateArgumentValueOrScheduleExpression(RuntimeArgument argument, Int32 nextArgumentIndex, ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Boolean isDynamicUpdate) at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.ResolveArguments(ActivityExecutor executor, IDictionary2 argumentValueOverrides, Location resultLocation, Int32 startIndex)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

@prameelaj,
some value passed is null , can you check which value is null