Handling random popup

Hi @psujatha,
Does it help if you add “Element exists” or “Image exists” activities related to your pop-up, and then you place their outputs within If, so if the image or element is detected, you are then dealing with it with the relevant activities? Here is some example of the pop-up handling. The pop-up can make you wait for it, so you can place it e.g. in a Retry scope or extend the Timeout. When a pop-up appears optionally, I place my Retry Scopes within Try Catch too. Does this solve your issue? :slight_smile: It might make sense to post such problems to another sections where more people have an eye them, so the advice might be more comprehensive (“Dev Rookies”, “Dev Advanced” :wink:

Also, if you add “Element exists” or similar tests, it is good to place them within “Attach window” referring to your pop-up window. Here is some example of using both element exists and image exists within a retry scope (I have placed them both inside just to compare their results).

hi @PAD
thnks for ur reply…
ur second suggested way worked with attach window,but its taking too much time.
i hv a fear of being failed.
and one more thing --if i am directly clicking on “details only” and then “export” button its clicking perfectly fine but taking too much time in this case as well.

is there any other way to get it done a bit early…

Thank you!

Hi,
another way to handle such issues can be “do while” with “get attribute”, however, from my experience, if the automated application works slowly, then its automation will not be able to speed it up. So it is even advisable to place small timeouts into “Delay before” to adjust the automation to the pace of your application. Also, I don’t know which activity you have chosen, but sometimes “Element exists” can give different results from “Image exists”, and not always what is detected, is in fact active and clickable - see the output results of the run presented below:

2 Likes

Hey @PAD

thankyou for ur kind suggestions…
i have tried both the ways normal direct clicking on the details only and then export button
and
by attach window activity what u suggested above.
both works fine but in both cases BOT is taking around 28 sec of time…but working perfectly.

sujatha

1 Like

I have successfully automated Oracle DB or for that matter End-to-End ETL testing by connecting UIpath to oracle and comparing the newly updated data with Oracle Normalised table.

I marked it as Closed due to the addition of Global Exception Handler:

1 Like

hi please suggest some solutions…

thanks

The Element Exist activity or Check app state activity might be useful in case of a random Popup. Cheers.

Hi dear…

In my case when process is going on when entering an account number so if it is not valid a popup is coming with invalid account with “ok” button…if it is valid account number there is no popup…so how can I automate this…I mean what activities I need to use after entering account number…

How to continue activity from the last error occur?

Hi. I thought I’d give you some suggestions on your question.

It is usually a good idea to place conditions or checks throughout your workflow so the automation is not needing to run through everything that has already completed. For example, seeing if a file exists before attempting to download it again, etc.

Using these conditions allows the automation to easily repeat without much extra processing time.

In addition, all workflow and/or library projects should be designed in a way where it can automate from multiple states of the application. For example, it should be able to know which screen it is on (if necessary) and how to navigate it, regardless of when the workflow or library is triggered or what screen it is currently on in the application. This makes testing it super easy too, because you don’t need to continually close the application so it starts at it’s initial state.

Lastly, the most common way to handle errors for a project is to capture the error, close all or any applications that could interfere with the automation’s ability to continue due to error, and return to the beginning of the current transaction or process being executed. - this is also where using conditions can be important to improve processing efficiency.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Regards.

1 Like

if it is this simple, no one would have come here and posted the question.
Sometimes users dont want to click on ‘Ok’ because they dont have what will happen in case of random pop up. All we need is, if some random pop up comes and the pop up dialog box is decoupled with the parent web page, then there is no option but to close the tab and come again to the landing page and do go ahead with next transaction.

Here navigate browser also wont work.