Handling Open Application Security Prompt

I am trying to open an application with elevated privileges. I am running both the application and Studio with elevated privileges. As it is part of a company project, I am neither able able to get administrator rights or change any of the user access controls on the laptop.

I am able to select the entire window, but the current selector for the allow/deny buttons are only the bottom region, not the buttons themselves. I am able to find the selector for the allow/deny buttons, but they cannot be found when I run the project.

Any ideas?

Hi @teosamuel4

Dont the click activity indicate element highlight the buttons of that when you hole the cursor on top of them? Does it only highlight the entire message box?

May I know what version of Ui automation package you are using? Have you tried upgrading to the latest versipn of UI automation activities?

Hi @teosamuel4

I believe the selectors are changing, can you check once and confirm?

If that is the case, you need to build a dynamic selector, for that you need to capture the selectors and check where it is changing.

Hope this helps

Thanks

It does not, indicating the allow button highlights the entire bottom region and not the button.

I obtained the allow button selector via the visual tree in UI explorer, but when I save and exit out of ui explorer, the selector does not work any more.

I dont believe that it is dynamic, I have tried selecting the selector again, please refer to my above reply thank you!

Ok @teosamuel4

As a trail, can you check by removing second line of the selector and keep the third line and try

some times it worked for me. Please let me know the status

Thanks

It now runs without error! When I click on indicate element, it now selects only the allow button.

However, the allow button is still not clicked, the page is still at the same window.

@teosamuel4

Try the click activity by enabling different properties like “Stimulate Click”, “Send Windows Message”

Thanks

I have tried both send windows message and simulating click. None of them seems to be working. Simulate click just goes through without error but the button is not clicked, while send windows messages generates the “Click Generic Error” error message.

EDIT: After observing the robot, the normal click activity (without SendWindowsMessages and SimulateClick checked) activates the window. I have tried changing clicktype to CLICK_DOUBLE and adding multiple click activities after, but it is just not clicking the Allow button.

Ok @teosamuel4

It is not identifying the button, still we can try with installing the JAVA extension, as it is JAVA application then we need to install the extension

still not success means we have a last option that use CV activities

Hope this helps

Thanks

I installed the java extension. UiExplorer is not recognizing the window as a java application. Any idea how it works?

Also, how do I use CV activities? I have tried following the instructions on the uipath documents. However, my project settings is unlike the one on the document.

Is this a feature only available on newer versions of studio? My version is 2019.4.4.

@teosamuel4

Please check the Computer Vision Activities, If these also not works then we need to pass the hotkeys

Hope this helps

Thanks

I have tried using Computer Vision activities. It is accurately identifying the button, however, it is still not clicking the button.

@teosamuel4

Then we don’t have any options left, except passing hotkeys

Thanks