Google Chrome extension does not work within the open file popup (within Chrome)

I have had flawless success working within chrome. The ONLY part where the extension does not work is when I try to upload a file onto a chrome page. It does not recognize the open popup as part of the application. Any help would be awesome. This has been a frustrating process to try and get this to work. Please help.

Are you using StudioX or Studio?

StudioX

Hello Brady,

I would have to ask if you are using UiAutomation or UiAutomatioX , because if you are using UiAutomationX we know that we have limitation when handling the modal pop-up dialog that handles the file selection.

Regards,
Dragos.

I switched to Chrome from IE a little while ago, since IE was slow and buggy for me, but now I’m stuck in level 3 training, as UIPath freezes/crashes with pop-ups in Chrome (and at lvl3 it must interact with pop-ups). Looks like I’ll have to rework my project to work with IE instead :man_facepalming:

Would be great if UIPath fully support Chrome; having to work with IE sucks.
Or should I switch to Firefox, Edge or … ? :thinking:

@VvK I find this highly implausible :slight_smile:
Below is a simple workflow that uses UiAutomation package to search the web for a file upload demo, then asks the user for the file to be uploaded then handles the modal dialog that pop’s up and uploads the file :slight_smile:
TestProcess.zip (183.7 KB)

Regards,
Dragos.

1 Like

Thanks Dragos, I’ll give this a go

Thanks @dragos.suma, that definitely worked for me using Studio, so this should work for @brady.butler as well (unless this changed in StudioX).

I’ll look for a different topic or create one for my issue, which is with the message pop-ups in Chrome:

Edit: found the solution to my issue here: Decide the action reading text of Chrome popup

Hello,

In StudioX we are providing another UiAutomation package as default ( UiAutomationX) which is still in preview and we need to iron out some issues , such as the fact that we can not interact with the pop-ups. Yesterday I talked with the developers that are handling this package and I saw that they fixed this but will be available in our next release :slight_smile:

Regards,
Dragos.

1 Like