Getting an Error during Activation of the Community Edition

Are you behind a firewall?

1 Like

Hi @ovi

Please suggest what all steps can be followed to over come these type of error?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes.

Can you please suggest which URL we will have to bypass in firewall?

-Prafull

1 Like

Hi Ovi,

I encountered this case also. We are behind the firewall tho.

For testing, we tried to exclude to whitelist the urls here Services the Robot Connects to but it proceeds to successful installation.

Meaning, whitelisting the urls there doesnt have effect.

If you can suggest other options. Thank you.

Any chance you could whitelist the application itself?

Hi all,

Please also whitelist license.uipath.com and activate.uipath.com - for Community Edition and starting with 2019.4 version only.

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue and I am not behind any firewall and is online.Uipath version 2019.4

Ovi,
Both the URLs are already white listed and I am able to access both the URLs from the system, still not able to activate the license and it is giving the same error.

-Prafull

Any chance you could also whitelist the entire application?

1 Like

Also facing the same issue.
Trying to install Community edition and same error is appearing.
Any solution? This is happening to all new installations of Community edition, right?

Hi @jcab

Definitely not all new installations. This particular error seems to be related to the connectivity issue on the target machine, be it local/network firewall or other protection software that would stop Studio from properly reaching our activation site and/or properly create licensing files on the harddrive.

PulkitGupta1 and PrafullK, do you guys managed to solve it? what is the cause? I

Try changing the network of your machine.it worked for me

Sorry for replying late on this. I downgraded the UiPath version to 2018.3 and it got successfully activated.

Hi, can you please tell me how did you downgrade the uipath studio community edition

I had older version installation file of UiPath Studio. I uninstalled latest version of UiPath Studio Community Edition and then installed the older version. That’s it.

Thanks, But now can we download downgraded version…

Hi @Vashisht

Normally the reinstallation itself can help, nevermind the older version. In fact, the Community Edition will auto-update with the very next application restart.

What I would suggest in case of issues:

• delete files from this folder: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\UiPath\
  • create a platform.uipath.com account and then download the latest Studio version from the Resources tab
  • run the .exe installer
  • when it asks for activation, select the option to activate via Orchestrator
  • open Robot from the Start menu
  • connect your robot to the Orchestrator instance
  • if your Robot was properly connected, it will allow you to activate your Studio

This of course assumes that you will not run into connectivity/firewall issues when connecting your Robot to Orchestrator. However, it is one more way to try to work around the issue.

Hi @loginerror,

We are working in two machines for our project. we are using enterprise edition in one machine and community edition in other machine.
Actually we are able to identify a Uielement in java based application by using enterprise edition but the same we are not able to identify by using community edition with the latest version for that purpose we want to downgrade our version.

Note- we have checked the version of Java, javabridge and IE in both the system are same.

Thanks,
Vashisht

Hi @Vashisht

One of the restrictions of the free Community Edition is that it will always auto-update to the latest version.

However, you can try downgrading the UiAutomation activity package and see if it will help in your scenario. You should also always install the latest Java plugin from the Studio Tools menu.

1 Like