Get unique queue references

Hi,
We have the following problem: we need to get all new queues, get their reference, get all unique references in order to start some jobs depending on reference id’s.
The output for Get Queue Items activity is of type IEnumerable which can be grouped by reference (list.GroupBy(Function(m) m.Reference)), resulting an object of type IEnumerable<IGrouping<String,QueueItem>>.
Here is where I’m stuck, I really don’t know how to get the reference for each group. Probably is something simple but I don’t get it.
I appreciate your help, even new ideas for solving this scenario.

Hi @liviu.onet

Have you tried using for each item and pass the get queue

Thanks
Ashwin S

Hi Ashwin,
Yes I tried that but each item is of type Grouping<String, QueueItem> , another block in my head :slight_smile: as I don’t know how to extract the required property.

Hi @liviu.onet

Use item.SpecificContent(“ColumnName”).ToString

Check this for reference

Thanks
Ashwin S

@liviu.onet

Hi,

I don’t understand why are you using Get Queue Items activity instead of Get Transaction Item, as I can imagine, robot/robots will take item for a queue, one by one, so when you use Get Transaction Item activity, you can simple check what kind of reference that transaction item has and do sometging depend on that reference.

example: image

Could you explain for what purpose you use Get Queue Items activity?

Hey @rado
As I know, using Get Transaction Item will change status for a queue to “In Progress”, am I right? I don’t want to get any queue in order to be processed, it’s just for logging, at least for this process.