Get item values from "get queue items"

Hi guys,

I’m trying to extract failed queue items from today and write them to a file.

I’m using “Get Queue Items”, I tried converting the musing ToList, then extracting the item vlaue normally with .SpecificContent(“Arg1”).ToString.

I get the error “Option Strict On disallows late binding”. I tried looking this up, but can’t seem to manage. Can you please tell me what I’m doing wrong?

3 Likes

Hi there,

Which type property has the item in the for each activity? To make the .SpecificContent it must be a QueueItem I guess…

Bests,
Pablo

Thank you Pablo for the quick reply. Do you mean, that I have to create a variable “item” and set the type to Queueitem?

I tried that. The warnings dissapeared, but when I run it I get:

“Log Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object”

I also tried to do the same in the TypeArgument dropdown - same result.

BTW. I usually do not create the variables reffered to in the “For Each” command, because UiPath seems to manage without it.

No I dont mean create variable item. I mean change its type in its properties, look:

if Item isnt QueueItem type, you wont be able to use item.SpecificContent…

Bests,
Pablo

2 Likes

Yes I did that:

“I also tried to do the same in the TypeArgument dropdown - same result.”

I modified the post above a few seconds after I first posted it.

Best,
Aleksy

Its weird, dont know how to solve… maybe its a bug… try to use other activity like assing and then pass the variable of the assign to the log message…

The QueueItem has inside its info a field called “Arg1”, right?

Sorry for not be more helpful

Regrds,
Pablo

Ok, we solved it. the first value of Arg1 was null, therefore it had a problem with converting it to string. But in general the first solution you gave (changing the TypeArgument to QueueItem was the right solution). Thank you.

1 Like

@loszavera Thats great, thank you too.

Regards,
Pablo