Get outlook Sender properties using On Behalf account

Hi,

I am using get outlook mail message activity to read emails and I need to process emails from a particular sender but usually they are sent via On Behalf. Example, when I manually open the email it will say the sender is:

Beth Lodangco on behalf of XXX Investigation team

when using UIpath to get the outlook properties, either Sender or From, it will always return the email address of the original sender, in my example it is BethLodangco@xxx.com.au where I would like it to be InvestigationTeam@xxx.com.au. Is there a way to get the on behalf email address or at least the display name?

Thanks,
Beth

Can you open a mail & post the screen shot ?

Hello,

Here is the screenshot. So when reading this sample, I can only get the .Sender or .From properties which will always return ‘Robot1’. I would like to get the email or at least the display name after ‘on behalf of’

I am using get outlook message where in it returns a List of MailMessage, however the properties seem limited because it doesn’t have .SentOnBehalfOfName or .ReceivedOnBehalfOfName.

Thanks,
Beth

One option I can think of is simulate human steps…

Open the mail,
copy sender name to clip board "image
search for “behalf of”, if exists extract the original sender name

But not sure whether this works for you.

hi @Elizabeth_Lodangco,

If you need to use “On Behalf of” option, I think you should implement new Send Mail activity using Microsoft Interop Services.

Is there an update on this question?

@aksh1yadav @vvaidya Do you guys have a solution here?

Hey @anupamck

Sorry for Delayed Response…!!

Instead taking other ways now it is more simple.
Just use Send OutlookMail Activity and mention SendOnBehalfOfName property.

you will get mail like this -

Regards…!!
Aksh

Hi Akshay,

Thanks, as always, for your help. My problem, though, is a little different.

My intention is to get the outlook sender property when I receive the Email. Let’s say I receive an email that says “X” on behalf of “Y”. When I receive this email using Get Outlook Mail Message and read the Sender or From address, I only get “X” as output, but I actually want to know what “Y” is.

if its a business mail then you need to give delegate access if you want to send mail on someone else’s behalf.

Hi,

I would like to refresh this thread. I need to extract “From” value, not “Sender” from email using Outlook.
The email contains two distinct fields – From & Sender, which contain different values, see below:

email

But UiPath GetOutlookMailMessages activity returns the same value for both fields:

Is there a solution or a workaround for this problem?

I’m using Studio 2020.4.1 Community License, and UiPath.Mail.Activities version 1.8.5

Regards,
Jerzy