Get Outlook Mail Message - Can't use for shared mail folders

Having trouble with accessing a shared mail folder. The activity returns the message: The specified folder does not exist.

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.ArgumentException: The specified folder does not exist
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.GetMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I have seen multiple posts on the forum regarding this issue and I have tried all the solutions that people have suggested.

Having the general folder name in the account, having the email address in the account, having the logged in users mail in the account, having the full path in the folder, putting two \ in front of the folder path, making sure that you type in the expression editor and so on and so on.

This issue seems to have been around since at least 2017, with issues popping up continuously since then with no or little difference between suggested solutions.
My main concern is that UiPath does not seem to care at all. I have only seen one forum post where an UiPath employee have been bothered to answer, which is a real shame.

So to UiPath employees, do you have any solution to this problem? Are you trying to fix the activity in of itself? Since the issue has been around for so long it raises the question. Why has nothing been done about this recurring problem?

Regards

the account set up in outlook is an exchange account?
the shared account attached to that exchange account that you are using, has delegation permissions set in Exchange?
have you tried the exchange activities?
i ve just re tested it again and its working fine if the shared account is properly set up in exchange.

1 Like

To use Exchange Activities, I need to know share mailbox credentials and in my case it is restricted. Is there any other way to send mail via shared mailbox?