now with this info some more insights are given to us.
Opening the application and taking X/50 Seconds to load can let fail to Bot in subsequents steps as the default timeouts are reached. In such scenario the Bot is to synchronized with the application.
Such a synchronizing can be done with
- retry scope activity
- a custom implementation in combination of
- For each (Enumerable.Range(1, NoOfRetries).toList
- element exists, or find children, … a part that is looking for the loaded application
- an evaluation if the app is loaded and stopping the loop
- a delay to pause the iteration
- optional exception throwing in case of maximum of retries is reached
the difference of retry scope and the custom implementation is:
- retry scope can only use some specific activites for the condition check, but is doing a lot out of the box
- the custom implementation gives you more control on handle the synchronization step