FAQ Common license errors

Hi Ovi,

18.3.2+Branch.master.Sha.0ee1a557250c8000e864a91dcaeebdc1a4bbeb00

Activation failed with error: 0
Error description: Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trial or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key.
License status: Device ID already activated

Device ID: VH/oLJFW8CJ2CQ0LH5Q3

User Name: Narmadhar

Please help!!

Hi Ovi,

Activation failed with error: 0 Error description: Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trial or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key. License status: Device ID already activated
My Device ID: aysPJVklqjwmrtFbyeyz
Please help me. This is my new laptop.

I already renew my license. and all above methods i have tried

Many Thanks

Hi Ovi

this is my new laptop. i can not use the community.
I need your help. please help
thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Activation of Studio license failed with the followin error:
Activation failed with error: -1114
Error description: Certificate or receipt missing
License status: Undetermined

The regutil information is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath>regutil get-info
License code: 3867891xxxxxxxxxxxx
License status: -1
Device id: eLRrdTFssXxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Error reading license expire date: -6003, error description: Lookup of tag failed
Maintenance expire date: not set
Subscription expire date: not set
User defined field Attended: not defined
User defined field Unattended: not defined
User defined field Free: not defined
User defined field Dev: not defined
User defined field AttendedConcurrent: not defined
User defined field DevConcurrent: not defined

If you have the similar experience, please show me how to solve this activation error…

Hi @Ovi,
My uipath community edition got expired after 12 weeks. I tried to renew the free license using https://www.uipath.com/renew-community-license link, but when I am opening uipath studio after that it is showing me below error. I reinstalled the application and then renewed the free license multiple times but no luck.
I have also read all the suggestions related to this particular error in the community forum but still not able to resolve the issue. Please help me out to resolve it asap…

Thank You

Error sreenshot:-

Error%20activation

Hey I am getting this error. I saw the solutions above.
Windows firewall is turned off and some other protection is running in the machine.

I need to know which port should I enable to gain access so that I can activate this??

Also by admin privilages I guess its RUN AS ADMIN right??

@ovi @badita

Hi,

While trying to activate the license key on the new machine which is released from the old machine, I am getting this error. I attempted to delete the License folder on the old machine but nothing is working.

Activation failed with error: 0
Error description: No Error
License status: Number Of Allowed Activations Exceeded

Please, can someone help me on this? I have already raised a request but haven’t got any response back from UIPath.

Thanks,
Farheen

You’ll need to run regutil.exe -deactivate [code] on the old machine first.

Thanks, it worked. UIPath should also mention this important step when replying to tickets for releasing the license key.

1 Like

Hi, ovi
Plz help me check device id

Check this out:

1 Like

Hi, I have the same error message as previous user (tuanim) when trying to activate the Community Edition. Its my first day that I try any UIPath versions and still it says that Device ID is already activated. Can my Device ID (YMBj/LAEAM9FG7ugf5ND) be released that I could complete the activation and try this program. Thanks

The workaround is stated above.

This error is caused by the fact that the machine was previously activated with a license key or trial key. So, releasing the Device ID is an exception, not a rule. And based on the reasons our support team will do it. But you will have to create a ticket using your company email and giving all the details. Contact Licensing Queries & Activations

@ovi - I am having an error where the Trial Code is coming blank in the email sent out. Read the forum and did View the email in webpage. However I still do not see the Code and cannot Activate the Enterprise Version. Logged a ticket Case # 00018472. Please help!!

I am trying to activate the UI Path license key on my machine first time but I am receiving the below error. Please help me into this.

I have once activated a device with a license code in the past. and I reached out to support and raised a case to release my device ID. when I can get feedback from the support?

For me, the support team got back to me on the day I raised the ticket itself. Not sure about others though.

That’s my first install and I’m having the issue below:

If you have any questions regarding this topic please open a New Topic in the Setup & Licensing category