Cannot license CE - no Trial license used before

Hi,

I never activated UI Studio with a trial license, and I am using the community edition.
When I open UiPath studio, I get the following:

When I try to Start Free, i get prompted with this:

When I try to activate it, i get prompted with this:

I tried to go to here https://www.uipath.com/renew-community-license
to submit a renewal request but it doesn’t work as well.

May I get some help please?

Thank you.

License errors

There were never a license activated on that machine? Do you use your own laptop or a VM? Is this the first time you are installing Studio on that machine?

The error is pretty clear, your Device ID seems to be already registered in our licensing server.

Hi I got the same issue. When contacting to company’s VPN, it said “Error connecting to activation server. Please use offline activation.”.
When I use the local network, it said “Device ID already activated”… But This is a new laptop. I never activate it for UIpath

Please help!

Dear Ovi,

Yes, I certainly did not use a license on this machine prior to this. I am using my own laptop. The first time i encountered the issue, it was the first time i installed studio on this machine, I then subsequently tried to rein-stall studio before encountering this error again and coming to the forum for help.

Also, the very first time i installed studio was on 29th June, this popped up less then a month after installation.

Thank you.

I faced the same issue. However still investigate. Mine was on Virtual PC which never activated with license. This was only robot user mode installed since June but problem seems to occurred before 2 months time. Can do nothing just wait for the case on zendesk to have some response from UiPath.

Dear Ovi,

May I find out if you need more information to provide some information to help? I am still unable to run uipath studio.

Thank you.

Hey jo.s,

I will need your Device ID in order to check in our server.

Dear Ovi,

Thank you. My device ID is: Yp+DFjsJI6Ug/pbi+I+1\

Is this the correct device ID? it is what i see on UIPath Studio when I try to Start Free,

Thank you.

Dear Ovi,

I would like to check if there is an update on this?

Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Jolene

@jo.s please try again, it should work now.

Please let me know if anything :slight_smile:

Dear Ovi,

Thank you very much for the help! :slight_smile: I just tried it, and unfortunately, I encounter this error instead:

Activation failed with error: -4303
Error description: SOAP Host can’t be resolved
License status: Undetermined

When I tried pressing the button again, I get this error:

Activation failed with error: 0
Error description: Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trial or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key.
License status: Device ID already activated

Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Jolene

Please paste your Device ID again, so I can be sure.

When ovi have cleared the device ID in their system open up a command prompt in admin mode and run the following command.
“%localappdata%\UiPath\app-18.2.3\UiPath\Regutil.exe” get-deactivation-cert
(ignore the cert it shows you don’t need it, but it will force deactivation / unregistration of UI Path)

Then go to https://www.uipath.com/renew-community-license and enter your information and reuse the email in the following command

Then go back to command prompt and run the following command
“%localappdata%\UiPath\app-18.2.3\UiPath\Regutil.exe” activate /email=your@email.here

Open up UI Path and it should work

as a note this works if you have studio 18.2.3 else replace the number in path with the version you have of studio

Dear Ovi,

Thank you :slight_smile:
Here is my device ID: Yp+DFjsJI6Ug/pbi+I+1

Warmest regards,
Jolene

Dear Ovi,

I think I gave the wrong device id previously due to a typo error.
Here is my device ID: Yp+DFjsJI6Ug/pbi+I+1

May I find out if there is an update on this?
Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Jolene

Hey jo.s

It seems that your Device ID is tied to a Trial code specific to a company. Did you previously activated with a Trial code?

Dear Ovi,

I did not activate UIPath previously with a Trial code. I have colleagues in the company who work with UIPath, and i believe they have enterprise licenses for their machines. For myself, my main scope does not involve UIPath, hence I only need the community version for adhoc processes.

Thank you.

Dear Ovi,

May I find out if there might be an update for this?

Thank you.

Please try now with the Start free option. But first I would recommend to delete the License folder from %localappdata%\UiPath

Dear Ovi,

I still face the same issue :frowning: Not too sure what is the issue here. I tried it with deleting the license folder from the path specified.

Here is the error message.

Activation failed with error: 0
Error description: Cannot use Community Edition on this machine after activating a trial or Enterprise license code. Please enter a valid license key.
License status: Device ID already activated

Device ID: Yp+DFjsJI6Ug/pbi+I+1
Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXX
User Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you.