Excel application scope stuck before opening

Hello guys,

I got a problem, im trying to open an Excel file (with microsoft Excel 2007) with Excel application scope activity but it doesn’t work. My application is just waiting (like she was freeze), i have no error…

This script is for working for example in Excel 2013 or 2016, so i don’t unterstand why it’s not in Excel 2007

Thanks

1 Like

@Nicautomatisation - What is the extension of the excel file you are using? Is it .xls or .xlsx?

1 Like

It’s .xlsx but i got the same problem with a .xls

Please share your workflow and the excel file here.

Its a test workflow with an Excel application scope and some select range and type into activities, the excel file is empty

I get that, @Nicautomatisation However, if you share your test workflow and the excel sheet here, we can better understand the issue.

Test.xaml (9.2 KB)
Test.xlsx (7.9 KB)

Here as I said, its a sample test worflow and test excel file, its working in my personal computer (Excel 2016)

Regards,

Hi @Nicautomatisation did you see this update in Excel.Activities?

Hi,

Yes but it doesn’t help a lot… :pensive:

Regards

Hi,

And how about this article?

There have a tip about Excel 2007, you need to have the Excel software installed, and use the extension .xls

Regards

went through your workflow but didn’t understand what exactly you were doing, can you please explain what exactly you were looking for?

Nothing specially, the workflow is just showing that excel application scope does not open/work on my Excel 2007 version. Its works on another computer with Excel 2016 version.

So my question is, why Excel application scope doesn’t work with Excel 2007 ?

Regards,

Hi,
Can you share the exception message in detail?

Regards,
Pavan H

There is no exception message that’s the problem, the execution is just waiting forever…

Regards,

Hi,

Can you open excel file and then run the bot and check if that throws an exception

Regards,
Pavan H

Hi,

I tried like you said, but the problem is the same… No error, just waiting for ever

Regards,

Hi,
Please send the sample workflow of 2010 version of excel file or may be workflow with the excel file that you are using

Regards,
Pavan H.

Hi,
There is no data inside the excel. So, the bot is searching for data in excel and is waiting to read the data.
What is the reason for using send hot keys inside excel application scope and entering into excel application?

Regards,
Pavan H.

Hi,
Is it like you are trying to click on excel once the excel application scope opens the excel to read the data, this will not work because that is only for you to know weather the bot is reading the data from the file you mentioned and you can hide excel application to open when you use excel application scope by disabling in excel application scope property= Visibility property

Regards,
Pavan H