Excel Application Scope: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed.(again the same problem))

Excel Application Scope: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed.

tried every possible ways mentioned in the forum but still not able to access the sheet. I have installed open office in my laptop.

Can we see your properties for excel application scope and see the directory and file name of your document

“E:\UIPathNewProjects\My-Testing-Bot -with excel\openfile.xls”

With the output Workbook. Have a go with pressing ctrl k and adding a variable ‘workbook’. Run that and see if that does it

“Excel Application Scope: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed.”

Still the same error…

Is excel stored locally, or in fact C: Drive? I am just trying to troubleshoot here and if you can give as much information about your office account, workflow and pc so we can try and sort this issue out

it is stored in C Drive.

can you print screen your workflow

C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice 4

How about this, try changing the excel document to .xlsx by saving it first and try running again. I don’t believe xls is compatible with UiPath

Still the same

is there any setting to map “open office” with “UIPath studio” ???

Ah, I don’t believe so you need to have office 365 account for this to work

but its already mentioned in the package. Right? but why is it not executing??

this wont work with Open Office, you really need Microsoft Excel to use this activities…

okay… thanks. But is it a bug or something??

Have a look at this:

Seems that it is difficult to do but can try using a citrix environment

It is not a bug, if you dont have excel, you can use the activities inside System->Workbook

WPS office is compatible with UIPath.