Using WPS office, getting error for excel application scope

hii, i am using wps office for excel. Using excel application scope works fine in my machine. but when i am deploying it on other machine it gives error that “error opening workbook, if excel is installed, run the repair tool for microsoft office interop from the tools tab on the home screen”.
Please help

Hi @akhils

It looks like you are encountering an issue with the Microsoft Office Interop libraries when trying to open an Excel workbook using the Excel Application Scope activity on a different machine.

There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Make sure that the Microsoft Office Interop libraries are installed on the machine where you are trying to run the workflow. These libraries are typically installed along with Microsoft Office, and are required for UiPath to interact with Excel.
  2. If the Microsoft Office Interop libraries are already installed, try running the repair tool for Microsoft Office Interop. This tool can be found in the Tools tab on the Home screen in Microsoft Office.
  3. If the issue persists, try installing the latest version of Microsoft Office on the machine where you are trying to run the workflow. This might resolve any compatibility issues that are causing the error.
  4. If none of these solutions work, you may want to try using a different activity or approach to open the Excel workbook. For example, you could try using the Read Range activity with the WorkbookPath property set to the path of the Excel file, or you could try using the Excel Read Range activity from the UiPath.Excel.Activities package.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need further assistance.

@akhils

UiPath ideally supports Microsoft office

If you want to use excel without installing Microsoft then you can try using workbook activities instead

cheers

but we are using wps office in my machine, and it is working fine with using excel application scope. But when i want to use the same code in another machine, it is giving error. it worked once or twice time, but now giving error.

@akhils

Officially it does not support not sure may be you have a interop service that is working on your machine…But as per support it is not under consideration.

So why exactly it is failing would be because it does not have required libraries to support

cheers

Open the excel application, click ;

File
Options
Add-ins
Click the drop-down options next to “manage:” and select “COM Add-ins”, then click “GO”
Untick/deselect “UiPath. Integration.ExcelAddin”, click “OK”, close excel, and run the bot again.

Greetings,
Peter

I think its all related to ms excel, which i told about it already that i only have wps excel.