Excel Application Scope Activity Error

Hi,

I’m getting error for Excel Application Scope activity, however I have set all propertoes correctly:

Workbook Path=“Transactions.xlsx”

All other properties has default values

Studio version: 2021.4.4

Please help to resolve.

RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidOperationException: Compilation failures occurred:

Unexpected character '`'	Unexpected character '`'

Complete results are contained in the Data property of this exception. Please correct the errors in the source and retry the Load.
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.ActivityXamlServices.Compile(IDynamicActivity dynamicActivity, LocationReferenceEnvironment environment)
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.ActivityXamlServices.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, ActivityXamlServicesSettings settings)
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.ActivityXamlServices.Load(XmlReader xmlReader, ActivityXamlServicesSettings settings)
at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.ActivityXamlServices.Load(Stream stream, ActivityXamlServicesSettings settings)
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowLoader.LoadWorkflow(String workflowFile)
at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowRuntime.Load(String workflowFile)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.InitWorkflowApplication()
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__86.MoveNext()

Regards,
Rohit

@Rohit_More

• Choose the Excel file path by clicking the “Browser for file”

• Update the Excel activity and try

Regards
Gokul

Hi @Rohit_More

Give a try with full path.

Regards

Hi @Gokul001 , @pravin_calvin ,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried both the ways but issue still persists.

Anyone please help to know what the exception meaning so that I’ll be able to find out solution.

Regards,
Rohit

@Rohit_More
Can you send the xaml file

Regards
Gokul

Hi @Gokul001

Attached xaml file and excel file.

Transactions.xlsx (10.6 KB)

SetTransactionStatus.xaml (60.6 KB)

As the error message states, the problem isn’t in your code. It’s in the data in the spreadsheet.

Hi @postwick ,

I tried to copy data in new file-> same error, tried by creating new empty file->same error.

Can you please suggest any solution that may work?

Regards,
Rohit

As the error shows, that single quote character is causing issues. Find where it is and eliminate it.