Issue with Excel Application Scope activity

Hi , I’m facing issue with Excel Application Scope activity. It is always throwing an exception. I face this from last 2 days after some update that happened in uipath. Attaching the exception messages. Also this Microsoft Access thing keeps coming everytime this activity starts executing. If I click OK, it tries to install but nothing happens and the Microsoft Access message repeats again…

1 Like

Hi @KamakshiK

Have you tried reinstalled UiPath.excel.activities and Microsoft.interop.activities and try to import the namespaces based on UiPath Studio

Thanks
Ashwin S

No worries
Welcome to uipath community
In this case try with WORKBOOK activities
In activity panel search as WORKBOOK and under that package we got many activities same as related to excel
From that we can use READ range, WRITE range activities
It works same as excel application and advantage of it is we don’t need excel application to be installed

Hope this would help you
Cheers @KamakshiK

Hi Ashwin,

I did reinstall excel activities package but didn’t succeed.
Will try reinstalling Microsoft interop activities and check.

Thanks,

Kamakshi

Hi,

As you have mentioned , I have already used few of those similar activities under workbook. But lot more useful activities are under excel application scope only like Look up range and all … So looking to get this activity working.

Thanks,

Kamakshi

1 Like

The error is because , you tried to interrupt the process @KamakshiK, I hope you clicked on the excel or you have a activity which is inside the excel application scope which interrupts its previous activities. please check

Fine
Kindly use a KILL process activity before to the excel application scope activity and in that activity property panel mention as “EXCEL” in the property ProcessName

If possible can I have view on the activities inside the excel application scope may be with a screen shot

Cheers @KamakshiK

1 Like

Hi,

The excel is not even opening… Even before opening the excel, this Microsoft access message pops up.

Hi,

Tried including a kill process before Excel Application Scope. It didn’t help.

Attaching the screenshot of the activity.

1 Like

Fine we’re we able to open the excel manually
Cheers @KamakshiK

Yes, I’m able to open excel manually without any issue.