ERROR: The file format and extension of don't match. the file could be corrupted or unsafe

Hi all,

Robot downland a xls file from SAP but cannot open it because of getting this error.

Ho may i solve this excel file problem?

@mazlumkacar
What happens if you click ā€˜Yesā€™?

Use a parallel activity with a click activity to press ā€œYesā€. :slight_smile:

@DanielMitchell @MaxyArthes

it doesnā€™t work. When click yes it is open an empty page.

@mazlumkacar

First try changing the file extension to .xlsx and see if that helps. Otherwise, follow the solutions here. It seems like this issue is most often caused by an excel file with html content.

1 Like

What happens when you open the file manually instead of UiPath?

Iā€™ve come across HTML file disguised as .XLS or other PopUp triggering Excel files and the solution has always been to uncheck ā€œVisibleā€ in Excel Activity Scope.

Hi All,
I am facing the similar issue while using the unattendant bot.
Please help me ASAP.

Hi all,

While downloading a excel file from un-attendant bot,its creating the blank file and below error is appearing. Please help.

The file format of the extension dont match.

Is anyone can help here?

Iā€™m getting the same error. Iā€™ve read others saying to shorten the file name. That worked for me, but it wasnā€™t the file name that was the problem. It was the full path, including the file name. I had one link to the file using the UNC path and another using a Mapped drive letter.

After some testing, at lest in my case, it the length of the full path is 80 characters or less the error does not apply. 81 or more and I get the error. When counting a path using UNC, include the double forward slashes at the beginning of the path.

I tried several other ā€œsolutionsā€ Iā€™d read, but none worked. This one worked for me. My file was a .xlsm file, but that didnā€™t seem to matter. Itā€™s the length of the path that is tripping the error message.