Error encountered while automating the excel process

Hi there ,

I am using the community version of the UiPath Studio Pro 2020,10.0-beta , stable.
And i try to automation a basic excel process but i keep getting the error
RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. —> RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass.set_SheetsInNewWorkbook(Int32 RHS)
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ExcelHelpers.StartNewApplication()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ExcelHelpers.StartNewApplication()
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ExcelScopeWrapper.InitializeExcelApp()
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.InitializeExcelApp(Boolean useInstanceCache)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.AttachOrCreateNew(WorkbookArguments workbookArguments)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.<>c.<.ctor>b__52_0(WorkbookArguments args)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

I have excel 2010 installed , to fix this i tried adding excel path to the windows env variable but still no luck.
Can anybody help me with this?

reinstall uipath and restart your laptop/PC.

Hope it will work

From tools panel just run the repair tool. Let me know how it goes

1 Like

I tried this but i am still seeing the same error. :frowning:

Is this the only solution, if yes i will park it for the last.
As i am not sure if there would be any for the reinstallation of the community version.

@dubeyomni.sap

Try to use Workbook Activities if you are using .xlsx file, instead of Excel application scope

Hope this helps you

Follow Link

Thanks

update excel activity package into your studio.

hope it will work

i updated the package version to the recommended one , still same error.