Not able to display from excel

I just started UiPath. I am trying to follow examples from the net but even with the first example I am having trouble. The example is to display the data.

Under the output is stated
Trial Execution started
Main Executing
Sequence Excecuting
DisplayName Executing
DisplayName Faulted

Under the Local Panel. There are 2 exceptions.
What are execptions?

First Exception Message

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. —> RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ’
{
000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
}’ failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc,
IntPtr pCPCMD,
IntPtr& ppTarget,
Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass.set_SheetsInNewWorkbook(Int32 RHS)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.StartNewApplication()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.InitializeExcelApp()
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.<>c.<.ctor>b__48_0(WorkbookArguments args)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance,
ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager,
Location resultLocation)

2nd Exception Message
“Name”: “DisplayName”,
“Id”: “1.2”,
“InstanceId”: “3”,
“TypeName”: “UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope”

What do I need to do?

It seems that you are reading or writing to an excel using the read range or write range activity but you doesn’t have MS Office Excel Installed. Try to install it and re-run again.

Hi Emman,
I checked that UiPath.Excel.Activities has been installed. I also have MS Office Excel in my laptop.

Can you share screenshot of your workflow causing your error?

Sequence capture

Hi! Can you try using the read range of workbook instead of the excelapplicationscope and share your results?

Hi Emman,
Still the same.

Exception Message
Message 1

RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. —> RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ’
{
000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
}’ failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc,
IntPtr pCPCMD,
IntPtr& ppTarget,
Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass.set_SheetsInNewWorkbook(Int32 RHS)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.InitializeExcelApp()
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.<>c.<.ctor>b__48_0(WorkbookArguments args)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance,
ActivityExecutor executor,
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager,
Location resultLocation)

Message 2

“Name”: “DisplayName”,
“Id”: “1.2”,
“InstanceId”: “3”,
“TypeName”: “UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope”

@team_eon

Try to Uninstall and again install the Excel Package in Uipath.

Thanks
Suresh j

Tried uninstall and install again. Not sure why it still have the same issue.