Excel Application Scope is giving error "Excel Application Scope: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed'

I have office 365 installed in my machine with win64. Excel Application Scope activity is not able to interact with MS Excel from UiPath Studio.
When I run the the Excel Application Scope activity in uipath studio, I get ‘Excel Application Scope: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed.’

If there is any solution to fix that issue, please let me know.

I tried all the flollowings:
a) I reinstalled office 365 again.
b) I reinstalled uiPath Studio.
c) I’ve made sure that in registryEdit there is no win32 key present.

Following is the full error exception:
RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. —> RemoteException wrapping System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ’
{
000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
}’ failed due to the following error: Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155).
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc,
IntPtr pCPCMD,
IntPtr& ppTarget,
Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass.set_SheetsInNewWorkbook(Int32 RHS)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.StartNewApplication()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.StartNewApplication()
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.InitializeExcelApp()
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.<>c.<.ctor>b__48_0(WorkbookArguments args)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance,
ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager,
Location resultLocation)

@Md_Choudhury,

I would suggest to give a try with Excel workbook activities for work around till you get fix for this.

Happy automation:)

1 Like

I too face the same error while using excel application scope, any workarounds we have?