Empty Locals Panel in Debug Mode

Scenario: In debug mode, when I set a breakpoint within an invoked workflow, I am frequently unable to see the values of any local variables set within that workflow.

Steps to reproduce: Create a process, invoke a workflow with local variables inside it. Place a break point somewhere within the workflow. Run debug mode from the top/main process level. This is not easy to reproduce since it is intermittent. Lately I’ve been getting it all the time though.

Current Behavior: Locals panel in debug mode does not show any variables.

Expected Behavior: Should see local variables listed and their values

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2019.5.0

Last stable behavior: Unknown
Last stable version: Unknown
OS Version: Windows 10
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

Hi @pduffy
Yes of course we wont be able to see the value of the local variables in a invoked workflow in debug mode in the local panel, as the values of those variables will be assigned to the Arguments in the workflow
Cheers @pduffy

Hi @Palaniyappan ,

I don’t think you understood the problem. I don’t expect to see the arguments in the locals panel, only local variables that were declared within the invoked workflow. And I do see them… most of the time. I’m not sure why it works sometimes and not others. Seems like an intermittent fault.

Cheers,

1 Like

I have the same problem, and goal of Palaniyappan is just increase forum comment counter to get forum achievement. As for him, 2 years RPA developer, it is the very bad answer and shows his professional level.

1 Like

Are you still having issues seeing the local variable values? The problem went away for me with later releases as the debug tools improved. Are you on community edition?

Hi @pduffy

Why does it seem like you are answering yourself? :sweat_smile:

Anyhow, it seems like you are on an older Community Version. Please update to the latest stable version 2019.10 and make sure to restart your machine.

This issue seems vaguely similar to when your Robot service runs on a different version than your Studio (resulting in malfunctions on debug/runtime).

1 Like

Hi loginerror… I was replying to user42’s comment, not to myself lol. I have this working now.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:
I do mistakes either, but learning is very important
It’s not just forum comment count.
Let me be the last person to get discouraged like this
Happy Thanks Giving :wink:
Cheers @user42

1 Like

just worked it out for me.