Element Exist activity issues

I have a process to save an order but there is a possibility that order is already saved. In that case after clicking on save, a pop up message appears order cann’t be saved.

I tried with Element Exists activity with If condition, so that seperate set of actions should perform based on my defined condition. If error message appears then my process should perform a differect action ( True condition ). However irrespective of error popup message , process always goes to true condition part.

I tried with few more activities but it’s not working, need suggestions

Hi
welcome to UiPath community
make sure that the WAITFOR READY property is set with value COMPLETE in the property panel of ELEMENT EXISTS and try once pls

Cheers @RobDev

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

Hi , I tried but no luck. Even after changing WAITFOR READY my process is only executing true condition

hmm. fine
can i have a view on the workflow with this activity may be with a screenshot if possible
Cheers @RobDev

@Palaniyappan

!

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

1 Like

Thats probably becouse your element its always there but its hiden or not. I add the same issue some time ago. you must see in the selector if you have any true of false, or hide or not, or any other options that show if the element is visible or hiden, Active or not so your element exists work.

Can you show your selector code ?

@Luis261980

Ok, you have a dynamic element, change that ctl00_pnlError to *_pnlError and remove tablerow=6 the you must see than gat the mane=XXX error text to the selected element

and i think will work

This mean your element is always there :slight_smile:

If element exists is not working, you can try to use get text of active window and have check that text contains “not bale to add” and continue with the flow?

1 Like

@Luis261980
Still same issue, done changes as you suggested

@Divyashreem

Pop up window appears only if order was already saved by someone esle. Not sure how should I use get text activity as popup window will not appear if I am saving an order for the first time.

Please suggest

for get text make it as continue on error = true and assign some default text to the output variable, after gettext if text has been changed from default to something else you can have a check based on that value.

@Divyashreem

I tried as you suggested but still same issues as element exist activity. It’s only returning a true condition. I have attached the screen shot so that you can validate and let me know if it’s correct or not .

use Ui explorer to find the best way to get the element only when its visible.

Youst try the same game with and without the elemt to see the diferences

Hi
if that popup doesnt have any value in specific then we can use IMAGE EXISTS activity and choose that popup as a image and get the boolean variable as output and use that in IF condition

@RobDev

1 Like

Hi there @RobDev

Welcome to uipath community…

This seems like an iFrame inside a Flash application, funny thing about iFrames they always exist, lurking in the back-ground always giving a false positive.

What you can explore is ‘on element appear’ activity with properties as ‘wait active’ and ‘wait visible’ with waitforready as COMPLETE

If this also does not work then check for the inner-text (using the same activity) without using the parent ID or parent class (as it will again give a false positive) and check for that unique text from the element.

Please check this solution and get bacck is issue still persists :slight_smile:

Regards

1 Like

@Palaniyappan

It’s working but process is slow now

1 Like

@RobDev

it is hardly 5 minutes since I posted my suggestion, is it working already ? :smiley:

@Raghavendraprasad
yes with Image exist activity it’s working

2 Likes