Edit Specific Data for a Queue Item

Any update on updating QueueItem-SpecificContent in Orchestrator while the robot is running?

It would be really useful to have this and I know for sure that blue prism offers something similar.

1 Like

Hi,
Could you please add the relevant activity in the activity set to UiPath Studio?
So that a wider group of Developers are aware that there is such a possibility with the use of ready-made solutions.

I believe it should be possible to load the Orchestrator API swagger definition as a Library project to surface any available endpoint as an activity :slight_smile:

Like here, but the tutorial has became a bit outdated, so I would suggest checking out the up-to-date documentation:
#FeatureBlog - 19.4 - SOAP and Swagger (based REST services for Library projects)

Hi,

If queue item specific data is updated using the API is there any way to see what the previous values in the specific data were before the changes were made, or are these overwritten and not stored/archived anywhere?

I’ve checked the database tables and the only one I can find the specific data in is table UiPath.dbo.QueueItems, is there any other table in the DB where these values are stored?

We are trying to ensure there is no sensitive information stored in the server where the Orchestrator DB resides, so we are planning to remove the details from the queue item specific data in the queue items that have New status.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Amol from UiPath sent me this link and it helped me. I thought I’d put it here in case it helps others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNx1TYItQn4

Sorry, but why is there no activity for this? Being able to update values stored in the Specific Content with new information, or better, add new fields to be passed on to other queues, seems basic and vital. I understand you want to sell your Data Service, but for those of us in organisations which cannot use cloud-based services this is frankly a real pain in the neck.

Is this activity that @Tudor_Sandu mentioned coming? If so, when?

Hi @Mark.Edgeller,

I do empathize with your situation as we are in the same boat. I am sure there are many Blue Prism converts, who cannot understand why this cannot be done. It is a deafult function in Blue Prism.

Here is a newer feature request post, voting there would help in bringing this up the feedback loop.
Update Transaction Item while In Progress - Feedback / Orchestrator - UiPath Community Forum

There are two main features which would make our job easier one being discussed in this thread
and another being : Why is there STILL no way to delete an In Progress Queue Item?! - Help - UiPath Community Forum

1 Like

Hi @bnastase

can you please tell/show how did you manage to do it? (changing it through https request)
thanks in advance

Best regards,
Ayyoub

Hi, you can use this call to update the properties of a queue item. You will require the key of the queue item which is mandatory.