Dynamic window selector of object repo on runtime

Hi everyone is there another way to make the window selector of a screen and element in object repository dynamic in UiPath?

I already manipulate the window selector in property panel using string. But still doesn’t change it still follow the original window selector in object repository.

What i want is the rdp tag in window selector does show or not depends on a boolean value.

Thank you

@Kervin_Robby_Pagtalunan

Welcome to the community

You can add * ? Or even add variables in the selectors in the plces where you need

Cheers

Hello Kervin,

Here is a practical example of what Anil was explaining.

In the image you can see I created a screen called “Chrome” which is this forum screen.
If you edit the screen descriptor you will be able to edit the current title attribute from the screen you captured with a desired variable, in this case I created “str_ForumProblem” and added a wildcard “*” next to the variable to match whatever is next to the variable value.

By testing with the “Highlight” option you will see how changing the variable value the screen is found or not depending in its current state.

Hope it helps.

BR,
Fran

Thanks for answering @Anil_G
but * ? dont seem work. what i want is the rdp tag would show or not based on boolean argument value. i can manipulate the window selector value in property panel but only if it is unlink in object repository. if the element is from or link in object repository I cant dynamically change it.

Regards,
Kervin

Thanks for your effort Answering @Francisco_Echeverria

what i mean on my post is what if i want to include and exclude a certain tag on window selector.
for example the html tag on picture you’ve sent. i want it to include or not whether on boolean argument value.

Regards,
Kervin

Hello Kervin,

Since the selector is a string, you can always create/modify it based on that condition with simply data manipulation.

Best,
Fran

Hi @Francisco_Echeverria

I’ve already done that, I manipulate the selector string and put it on selector properties panel. Still the literal value of window selector in object repo are followed. It still can’t change

I inspect that once an object is in object repo. Tags is already static, just value of its properties could be dynamic by inserting variable.

@Kervin_Robby_Pagtalunan

Why are you not changing in the object repo?

It would work then

What is the part that you want to replace?

Cheers

Because i developed the process on my local machine and the application i was automating was in Remote desktop(rdp), so i want to implement a dynamic window selector of all elements in object repo. If i run the process on my local machine as developing it targets the rdp app. And if i deploy it in remote desktop itself, the rdp tag would be excluded so it would target the application on remote desktop itself.

Regards,
Kervin

@Kervin_Robby_Pagtalunan

Go you…looks like you need rdp tag only when needed instead of havi g it in eqch selector use scope activities and in the wcope activity add a string variable in place of selector

And in inidividual activities make sure window selector is deleted …then you can send the value as you need to string variable…if you use object repo then you cannot change it…that is an issue

Cheers