Drag and drop function, workaround click up only working with step into or manually mouse movement

Hello!

I’m using the workaround for drag and drop which i found at the Forum. Click down > Hover > Click up.
I also tried a log message after hover, just to know this one is finished and it did. But it gets stuck at the click up activity (I think). When I debug with step into it is working. If i do continue from the start, I have to move the mouse manually after the hover activity and then it works.

Does someone know what to do?

hi @KyraB1998
Kindly check the click property once again. Change the property one by one like for click type, remove the cursor position, and add some delays.

Regards,
Kaviyarasu N

Hi @KyraB1998
You can increase the seconds in hover activity or
You could add the ‘Delay’ activity.
Refer this thread for reference.

@KyraB1998

In hover activity try with hrdware events options for input mode property

Cheers

I did try to delete Cursorposition and add some DelayAfter, DelayBefor and a Delay activity. But still stuck between hover and click up.

This is what the click activity looks like now.

Then you mean using SendWindowMessages and SimulateHover?

hi @KyraB1998

Can you check the selector once again.

Regards,
Kaviyarasu N

Hi Kaviyarasu,

Selector of the hover =
Selector hover
Selector of the click =

@KyraB1998

I just saw that you are using classic activity…in this try with setting simulate to false

Cheers

Hi Anil,

Tried that with all 3 the activities but still the same problem.

Thanks

@KyraB1998

Can you try changing the click types also to false…so that even they are done as manual clicks or hardware clicks

Did you happen to try with modern activities …currently if on latest version they are working more reliablly

Cheers

I tried now with the new activities. But the first click doesn’t work well jet.

Also tried drag and drop.

@KyraB1998

Issue in the sense can you specify if you are getting any error or is the click failing some times?

if its failing can you check the selector and alternately you can try adding a little delay or a check before click

I do not get an error. It’s not clicking the target. But he can validate the target. So that should not be the problem I think?

@KyraB1998

Can you give a small delay before and check…and also is the field dynamically loading?

Cheers

My mouse cursor is stuck there with the first click:

@KyraB1998

Try removing hover and use clicks alone…that also should do your job if you are highlighting…

Is there any specific reason to use hover

Cheers

I did delete the hover function. Just used it becuase it was at one of the forums for drag and drop workaround.
The click can highlight the target. But does not continue. Keeps stuck at the same point as my last post.

@KyraB1998

Can you confirm if sap is getting refreshed after clicking?

If so …give a delay for the second click as well

Can you highlight in screenshot which value you want to select using these clicks…

And also you can use wait for page load option

Cheers