Document Understanding | Form Extractor | Manage Templates - Problem

Hi all,

I am following up the UiPath Document Understanding Overview Course. I have reached the part about Data Extraction and am trying to recreate the activities that are shown in the video tutorials.

However, I am stuck at the point where we should add the “Form Extractor” Activity.

The first step was to copy an API key from the cloud (done) and after that, we should click on Manage Templates and create a new template.
But after I click the “Configure” button it always gives me a blank window, instead of opening the chosen document (like in the video tutorial).

Inside, I tried to play with the settings but the problem persists…

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Hi @dimitar.lyubchev

First thing you have used the form extractor inside the Data extraction scope and tired?

If you want to use Form extractor Drag and drop the activity inside the Data Extraction Scope and then create the template and then configure it will work.

Hi @Priyadharshini78

Yes, I am using the Form Extractor.
Maybe it’s better to show everything with images:

And even if I try with the ML extractor I get the following:

Everything freezes and a restart does not solve the issue.

In addition, it might be useful to point out that I am using a UiPath Studio 2018.4.6 Enterprise Edition on a corporate machine.

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando

Can you help with this issue?

1 Like


@dimitar.lyubchev - How many pages do you have in the document that you specified for the extractor?

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando,

This particular one is 4 pages, but I’ve tried with all documents for all categories and the result is the same, unfortunately…

The documents are downloaded from the course resources under section “Taxonomy”, the file is called “”

1 Like

Can you try uninstalling Studio and installing again… Seems like something is wrong with the Studio… :thinking:

After the reinstallation the problem still existed. In addition, I noticed that the Taxonomy Manager didn’t work as well (and it was working for me before). It also gave me a blank page.

Then, I decided to play with the package versions and it turned out that UiPath.IntelligentOCR.Activities version 4.5.2 is the reason for my problems.
If I use version 4.0.1 it works out well for me!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.