Do we need Local machine for running UI Path Automation process? Can we replicate the same process we do on a local machine to online

Do we need Local machine for running UI Path Automation process? Can we replicate the same process we do on a local machine to online .

Hi @sagar_kansal !
Welcome to UiPath Community :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
We can run a UiPath Automation process in any machine that has Windows 7.
So you can run your automation on a local machine or on a virtual machine !

What do you mean by online?

If the automation isn’t running on a machine on your network, how will it access your apps, shared drives, email, etc?

Hi @postwick ,

Currently I have a process in which I have to open a website, fill data and Captcha, access data and copy data onto an Excel file or G-drive/One drive.

By online I mean that I do not need to run the program on local machine, the UI Path system runs the process on-web at scheduled time and I can directly access the data from G-Drive/outlook folder

Hi @Hiba_B ,

I think Virtual machine is a costly affair. can you share ways in which I donot need to run the UI path on local machine but retrive the data from a designated G-Drive/Outlook folder. E.g

Currently I have a process in which I have to open a website, fill data and Captcha, access data and copy data onto an Excel file and upload to G-drive/One drive. From G-Drive/outlook I need to access the files.

By online I mean that I do not need to run the program on local machine, the UI Path system runs the process on-web at scheduled time and I can directly access the data from G-Drive/outlook folder