DO we need different instances for orchestrator for different environments (Dev,Prod and UAT)

orchestrator
environments

HI team,

Do we need difference instances of Orchestrator for different environments for eg. Dev, Production and UAT.

Because if we use same instance of Orchestrator then database will be same for all 3 environments and there is security risk involved.

Hi Tanuja,

It is recommended to have one Orchestrator instance for Dev and Test environments and another Orchestrator instance for pre-production(UAT) and Production. If you use the same instance, you’re right, all the data will be in the same database(even if you have different tenants).

@ovi Do we need separate license for each instance of Orchestrator?

Please contact the sales team for this: https://www.uipath.com/contact-sales-partnerships

I’ll challenge this last post - it’s ok that the prices are not public. I get that.
But this is not consistent:

• Do I need separate robot licences for X setup? public info
  • Do I need separate licences for Studio for X setup? public info
  • Do I need separate licences for Orchestrator instances in a recommended deployment model? Contact sales (??)

There’s a ton of confusion in licensing already. Why add more “mystery” to it?

Test Environment is not charged(this info i know for sure), but you may need a license for it anyways that should be given for free(I am not sure of this info that’s why i recommended to contact the people who know for sure).

I agree, I just want that the answers I give to be correct. (don’t argue with me, please :blush: )

Thank you @ovi

I get that it is better to have separate Orchestrator instance is for Dev and Prod.
But i have this doubt regarding deployment, if we had same orchestrator instance we could easily deploy to every environments from orchestrator but in case of 2 orchestrator instance do we need to manually copy the package to the system having UAT/Prod orchestrator instance . What is the recommended way for deploying a package from the Dev Env to Prod Environment

Many Thanks