Difference between Get Text and Get Full Text

Hello,
I have difficulty to understand the difference between Get Text and Get Full Text.
According to the documentation :

• Get Text is : Gets the text from an entire terminal screen and stores it into a string variable.
  • Get Full Text is : Extracts a string and its information from an indicated UI element using the FullText screen scraping method.

However, in the Studio, I see only a the difference on IgnoreHidden text attribute.
In the studio there is no notion of “entire terminal screen” as mentionned in the documentation.

There are some posts on the forum but they (whose I found ) don’t explain the “deep” difference.

Can somebody tell me what exactly the difference ?
Thanks a lot
TT

Get Full Text activity uses Full Text scrapping method while Get text uses Native scrapping method. See this -

https://studio.uipath.com/docs/output-or-screen-scraping-methods

3 Likes

Thank you. According to the developper training, I understood that Get Visible Text was the activity which uses Native method.
In this case, do both Get Text and Get Visible Text use the native method ?
We have 3 methods (Full, native, ocr) and 4 activities (Get Text, Get Full Text, Get VIsible Text and Get OCR Text).
According to your answer Get Text and Get Visible Text use Native method. Is that right ?
Thanks a lot
TT

1 Like

Need help please. I have to find a text “LTE” in a web page under Ticket Forn and click on it. how to do it?

@UiPathMaster We need your support here to explain its. Good point to understand and confusing as well.

Hi @Technotron

Welcome to uipath community!

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @Technotron

This might be helpful to you!

cheers :smiley:
Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like