Differance be assets and parameters

Hi,

Can someone explain what is the difference between assets and parameters and how we can use orchestrator parameters.

Hy @Shaik.Yezdani,

‘Assets’ are values that can be used in many diferent proccess, for example, credentials for a certain system or website. In case of changes, the info must be changes in only one place.

‘Parameters’ are arguments that must be passed to run a specific process. The are defined as in arguments.

Is this clear for you?

@William_Blech_Sister How to pass the parameters from orchestrator to the particular arguments?

Hy @Shaik.Yezdani,

Have a look at the documentation

If you have any questions please let me know

Regards

1 Like

Assets are credentials and “normal” assets. For the normal ones I would recommend to use parameters. There is a historical reason we have them there. In the beginning we did not support parameters.

Assets are credentials and “normal” assets. For the normal ones I would recommend to use parameters. There is a historical reason we have them there. In the beginnings we did not support parameters.

2 Likes

Dear @Shaik.Yezdani,

In Orchestrator we can create different Assets(AssetName,AssetValue).
Asset types can store a credential value, a boolean value , a text value or a number value.

Step to Use Orchestrator Parameters
In Studio you can use the below activities by passing “AssetName” .

1. “Get Credential” (only for Asset type of Credential)

2. “Get Asset” (for Asset type of Number, Boolean, Text)

3. Using above Activities we will get the actual “AssetValue” w.r.t “AssetName” and this AssetValue are stored in an output variable in studio.

4. Variable can be used as parameters and can be passed in the “invoke workflow activity”.

Hope this could help :slight_smile:

Regards,
Geet M

1 Like

@iamgeet thanks for your clarification. Apart from invokeworkflow we can pass the arguments through orchestration parameters also.

2 Likes