Debug stopped on a breakpoint, yet it's not highlighted in the breakpoint list

During a debugging session, I usually have to deactivate breakpoints (without deleting them), to make debugging more dynamic or whatever the reason but the case is that I might need to reactivate them later and this is easier than having to place them again in the right activity.

As the right-button menu option “Toggle breakpoint” is NOT realiable (and this should be addressed, too, as “toggle” could mean both “toggle it on and off” or “toggle the existance of this breakpoint”, which is, by the way, what the option does) and it’s merely placing or deleting a breakpoint but NOT deactivating them, I have to do this from the breakpoint list on the “Breakpoints” tab.

Until now, the current breakpoint where the debugging session stopped in was highlighted as bold text in that list, so it was easy for me to identify it and disable it. But now, it seems that randomly it doesn’t happen anymore. Looked at the attached picture: the whole breakpoint list is displayed, but none is highlighted, though the execution is stopped in one.

I’m in the last Studio version.

Is anybody paying attention to this at all?

I can confirm, with my Windows, non-legacy project, that when stopping on a breakpoint during a debug session the breakpoint won’t be highlighted anymore in bold letters in the breakpoint list.

Consistently happening to me in the last 2023.10 Release update.

I never noticed this.

I do see a breakpoint in the Framework/Process.xaml, is that where your Invoke Power Shell activity is?

Hey @pere

Is it also happening for a completely fresh project, or only on an older project? I am curious because I can’t immediately reproduce this on a fresh project, and was wondering if there might be something more specific to this issue.

This is converted from a Windows-Legacy project; I’ll try to try it later in a fresh, new project.

Edit: seems not to happen with a new, Windows non-legacy project from scratch:

Although this one only has this activity and this breakpoint.