Covid-19 data extraction and importing it to tableau to generate visualization

Covid-19 data extraction and importing it to tableau to generate visualization

Use Case Description

In this use case, we will perform data extraction from ‘mohfw.gov.in’ website or google news to generate Covid 19 data, the excel should then be imported to Tableau in order to create data visualizations by selecting the correct measure values and dimensions , after creating different charts and graphs we can compile it in a dashboard and save it.
Additionally we can also take one more step and send an email with the extracted data and generated dashboard as attachments

AS-IS WORKFLOW, TO-BE WORKFLOW

-

Other information about the use case

Industry categories for this use case: Information Technology and Services

Skill level required: Beginners

UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio

Other applications that were used: Excel , Tableau or any other data visualization software

Other resources: Reshmi Mehta on LinkedIn: #covid #india #uipath | 36 comments

What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Accelerate growth and operational efficiency

Not sure what input Tableau requires, but the ELK stack (Kibana) is open source, free, and allows import from most major data types.

You can write a script in almost any language to grab the data from the http(s) response and push it to your Tableau/ELK stack instance.

Honestly, this doesn’t seem specifically like an RPA use case and would probably be addressed better with some other platform.

That isn’t to say that it can’t be done :slight_smile:

Hey Yash ,
Yes that is also possible but as a beginner this use case helped me learn about selectors since there was many UI Automation involved so I thought of putting it over here to help beginners like me get better understanding of selectors. Also,one can use any data visualisation software instead of tableau but since i was more familiar with tableau i used that.

1 Like

hi Reshmi, have you done this successfully ? more over , i reallt want to know have you integrate uipath orchestrator with tool like tableu

Understood, that makes alot of sense :slight_smile: Sorry I didn’t get it right away.

Yes, I have successfully created and ran the workflow (you can check out my video on LinkedIn -link in ‘other resources’ )

By integrating do you mean just running it through Orchestrator? if yes, I did try with orchestrator , works fine for me, also I would like to bring to your notice that I have not used the recently announced tableau integration, I have used UI automation
if no then please elaborate your questions
Thanks
-Reshmi

//recently announced tableau integration// am not aware of this. can you through some light on this.
i want to send orchestrator logs to tableau . basically i want to use tableau in the place of power BI / elk /spluk etc.,

Check this out^ UiPath has recently announced integration with tableau, hope this helps

uipath-tableau.pdf (835.2 KB)
am looking something like this. actually what u shared is good. it makes the tableu dashboards as action centers. but first we need to integrate uipath with tableau and then preapre and run some dashboards.
then comes turning this dash board in to an action center.