Container usage UDP-006

Why is uipath limiting this to have container to Application or Browser
When using Attach Window Scope, say for an application like SAP there is warning form analyzer stating use open browser or open application as container
But we attach SAP and then click multiple windows and for me it makes sense to do all the operation in a particular window scope as a high level container
ex. going through the grids, status, clicking buttons in that sap window.

Is this real problem and i think uipath should not show this as warning.
documentation is not clear of why not window scope for this kind.

Hello @Rayudu_Addagarla!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @Rayudu_Addagarla,
It’s a good suggestion. I pushed it to our dev team to check.

@Rayudu_Addagarla, this Workflow Analizer rule checks if the UIAutomation activities e.g. click, typeinto, etc, are used within scopes like OpenApplication/Browser including Attach because this is a more reliable way of executing UI automation actions as the context is like a single reference to the same window. In your case, it looks like besides activities with a partial selector targeting elements within that window, you are also using activities targeting elements of other windows, thus will full selector. Consequently, you get the errors that you see in the output pane. However, you can either change the rule default action from error into warning or you can re-design the workflow and put these activities in the right context (attach, open, etc).

Wondering if this is considered by UiPath.
As of 2020.10.6 version when used texbox in SAP Attach window scope, these errors UDP-006 still appear and ask to use application scope or browser scope. It does not seem right .

Hi @rayudu_addagarla1

I have faced the same issue. This happened because I have placed the main application selector element

For Eg:

<app=‘facebook.exe’ ctrlname=‘mainpage’ />

in the selector of the Click button selector like

<app=‘facebook.exe’ ctrlname=‘mainpage’ />
<button=‘submit’ />

Due to this, an issue occurred for me.
What you have to do is to replace the Click button selector like

<button=‘submit’ />

alone.
This will resolve your issue.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.