I have a problem with a bot

Error UI-DBP-006 Container Usage Top level selector used outside scoped containers in activities Ingresar nombre del archivo Click Guardar. Descarga-MC-AFIP.xaml
Recommendation
Using scopes such as Open Browser and Application gives a level of reusability in selectors. Try to use scopes instead of direct UI Activities. Learn more.

What could be the error and how to fix it?

It is my understanding that I have to put the activity that has problems in a container by defining the selector. It is to contain it inside an attach browser but I don’t know how to do it, could someone tell me how to do it?

@Leonardo_Baca

Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to refactor your UiPath workflow using scoped containers:

Step 1: Drag and Drop an “Open Browser” or “Open Application” Activity

• If you are automating a web-based process, use the “Open Browser” activity and provide the URL of the webpage you want to interact with.
  • If you are automating a desktop application, use the “Open Application” activity and specify the path to the application executable.

Step 2: Place the Relevant UI Activities

• After the “Open Browser” or “Open Application” activity, add the UI automation activities (e.g., Click, Type Into, etc.) that interact with the elements on the targeted web page or application.

Step 3: Close the Scope

• Close the scope by adding the appropriate activity to close the browser or application you opened in Step 1. For example, if you used “Open Browser,” use the “Close Tab” activity to close the browser tab when you finish interacting with it.

Step 4: Repeat as Needed

• Repeat the above steps as needed for different parts of your automation process.

Step 5: Error Handling

• Add error handling activities (e.g., Retry Scope, Try-Catch, etc.) to handle any exceptions that may occur during the automation process.

By using scoped containers like “Open Browser” and “Open Application,” you group related activities together, leading to better reusability and easier maintenance. It also helps in managing selectors more efficiently, as selectors will be relative to the scoped container, making your workflow more robust and less prone to errors.

Remember to use UiPath’s selector editor to fine-tune your selectors and make them more reliable. The UiExplorer tool within UiPath Studio can be helpful in inspecting and validating selectors.

If you encounter any specific issues or need further assistance, feel free to provide more details, and I’ll be happy to help you out!

Hi,

FYI, another quick approach:

We can change it to Warning Level etc at ProjectSettings - WorkflowAnalyser as the following image.

Regards,

thank you very much very kind

1 Like

thank you very much for your time and help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.