Connected to Orchestrator but robot is unlicensed

Hi,

I am trying to connect my robot machine to Orch cloud. I can connect to the robot but it says the robot is unlicensed(in UiPath assistant) and when i go to machines there are a classic and modern robot associated with the machine. The classic is disabled but has the machine linked to the robot. However the enabled modern robot does not have a machine linked. We would like the machine linked to the modern robot, Any ideas how to link the machine to the modern robot account?

I presume you’re trying to connect an Unattended Robot to Orchestrator? Did you create a machine or machine template to connect your PC to Orchestrator?

what you need to do are:

1. create a new robot account.
  2. assign robot account to the Modern folder
  3. assign machine template to the modern folder
  4. run a simple rpa process.

good luck.

You may follow this Video link for Config UiPath Robot license UiPath Orchestrator New Design - Apollo Design |Connect Robot & Run Jobs | Resolve common errors #45 - YouTube

Yes unattended. Machine was created

You create a Machine Template, and assign a runtime to that template. The connect UiPath Assistant using the details from that machine template. Separately, create a Robot account with credentials to login to the unattended robot PC.

Assign both the machine template and robot account to the modern folder where the processes are located. Then run a process on the PC and see how it goes.

Once UiPath Assistant is connected it says Unlicensed because the “Unlicensed” is referring to the ability to run processes in an Attended way (i.e. somebody manually clicking a process to run on UiPath Assstant). You should still be able to trigger processes to run from Orchestrator to that PC.

3 Likes

That’s just a quirk of how UiPath Assistant displays it I guess. It’s confusing for me too, but my understanding / interpretation is that the “Unlicensed” status means when you as a user looking at UiPath Assistant, you can’t use it to run Attended processes. The license status of the unattended runtime doesn’t show in UiPath Assistant.

After connecting with the Machine Template, if you click the Sign In button on UiPath Assistant you can then sign in to Orchestrator and then you’ll see that the status becomes Licensed (assuming your user account in Orchestrator is licensed).

1 Like

You would have to connect that Studio machine to Orchestrator using a Machine Template too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.