Command prompt gives “Could not log in user to Orchestrator”, but I run the exact same command a couple more times and then it works

Hi! I am new to UIPath and I was trying to make some simple robots.

I am having the same problem, except I am trying to start the task from command prompt with uirobot.exe -file “(path)”

In command prompt it gives the same message “Could not log in user to Orchestrator”, but I run the exact same command a couple more times and then it works.

I am trying to schedule the robot to run in the morning and then again in the afternoon.
It seems to work properly during a fresh boot (it hasn’t failed before in the morning) but in the afternoon it’s a hit and miss…

Is there any way to make it work every time?

Thank you!

Hi @UIgreenie

Which version of Studio with Robot and Assistant are you using?

Also, is the Assistant icon in the taskbar green at the time you try to trigger your automation from the command line?

Hi Maciej, thank you for replying so quickly!
I am using UiPath Studio 2021.4.4 with Community License on Windows 10.
Sorry, how do I tell which Robot and Assistant I am using?

I made a simple flow and triggered it using a .bat file:
C:\Users.…\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-21.4.4\uirobot.exe -file "C:…\Reporting.xaml
There is no icon in the taskbar, I use windows scheduler to trigger the batch file above.

Thank you for more information. I would moved your posts to a new topic to better track the issue.

Just to further clarify - are you using the command line to also connect the robot to Orchestrator?

Could you give it a try by running UiPath Assistant as well and see if the behaviour will continue? (Assistant is just a GUI for the robot that also allows you to trigger the processes, but I am curious to see if having it open will prevent robot from disconnecting).

Currently it looks like the robot times out occasionally and it takes a few tries to kick start it before it reconnects to Orchestrator.