Click Image activity sends screen to the background

Hello everyone,
I am trying to click on an item using click image activity, which when I run the bot acts weird. Each time the automation reaches that activity, the screen where the image is located gets minimized and the bot can’t find the element.
I tried adding a few steps before to keep that screen in focus but nothing works the bot just keeps sending it back. Any ideas why this is happening?

Hi @Dea_Pahumi

Not sure why it is happening, but prior to using that click image try using some other click activity on some other UI Element to bring that page on foreground, or Use Show Window activity prior clicking on that Image.

Thanks!

I tried clicking some other element and its the same with that, as for Show Window I am not sure how to use that element, should I enter something in the input window?

Hi @Dea_Pahumi

In the “Click Image” activity properties enable the “Send window Messages” option. This will send a window message to the target application which make click faster and works in the background. So it will click if image is minimized.

I Hope it will help!!

hi @mkankatala thank you for your reply! I already tried this and it gives me an error message ‘Image not found’

Then use the “Click” activity in modern design experience. Keep the Input mode as Simulate. I think it works.

Thank you for the reply @mkankatala and sorry for my delayed response. Unfortunately, this didn’t solve my issue since the element can’t be selected using the Click activity and can only be detected with Click Image activity. What else should I try out since I am running out of ideas… I tried using Show Window, Attach Window, Send Hotkey, Click on another UI element just to bring focus on that screen and still the same issue, the screen gets send to the background(minimized) before performing Click Image activity.

No Problem @Dea_Pahumi. Send me the Web Url and what to extract. Then I’ll do it on my machine and let you know the solution.

Regards.

I managed to solve the issue, I wasn’t indicating the correct Target selector to the Click Image activity. Thank you for your help :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.