Click Activity with dynamic selector error

Dear all,

I am having problems making a very simple click activity with a dynamic selector work.

The advanced academy training says: Add a Click activity to select the year. Enable the Simulate Click property, and then select the target year. This way, the activity can be executed in the background, even if the drop-down menu is not open and the element is invisible. Change the aaname attribute in the selector to the in_Year argument. This is what the Click activity and the selector should look like:

unfortunately there is no way this selector works with me. Any help?

The case is in attachment. You should first go to ACME System 1 - Log In, so please let me know if you need my access credentials. System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (29.7 KB)

Thanks
Kind regards
Gennaro

Hey @Gennaro_Bozza

As a workaround you could work with hotkey instead of clicking it!

Hello.

Your issue is that you are changing the selector in the selector editor shown in the image below:

You need to use the Expression editor and change it as a string. To do so, click inside the Selector property:

I would suggest deleting the β€œ<”, clicking on another property so it updates, then click on the 3 dots. (when you change the selector like that, clicking on the dots will bring up the Expression editor); make sure you place back the β€œ<” that you deleted if you use that strategy.

Or you can just edit the selector string inside the property box like shown in last image.

If you do click on the 3 dots, you want the Expression editor like this:

Then, edit the string with the in_Year variable as shown.

I hope that helps you.

Regards.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! That trick fixed my issue!

Hi @ClaytonM,

now i have a new issue. I don’t manage to β€œsave as” when I get to the month of April. I really tried everything. What is the problem?

System1_CreateYearlyReport.xaml (31.5 KB)

Thanks a lot
Gennaro

Hey, can you be more specific of your problem? Like which activity is the problem at, what does the settings or selector look like for the activity, and what is it doing exactly (like error, et cetera)

Thanks.