Advanced Course Assignment 2 (Generate Yearly Report) Click activity Not selecting Year, dynamic Selector issue

Hi,
I have put two click acivities. First on is clicking the Year menu and second click activity should select the ‘year’.

First Click activity selector is

Second click activity selector is

In_Year is the input var. But no luck so far!

Tried with only one click activity with the above selector (2nd one). But nothing was happening.So using two Click activities now. 1st one just clicking the ‘----’ and 2nd one should select the year.

For both the selectors “SimulateClick” box is checked.

Please help.

@GargiMitra

Include aaname instead of idx…
That will work

1 Like

I have included aaname in Second selector and removed id. it is now

tried with it. But no luck!
Automation stopped at this point as previous.

Please advise.

Selector for Clicking target year (dynamically) is below -

Not working.
I am stuck with this :worried:

Please help.

Hi @GargiMitra
You Have to edit selector for it in selector editor That have given in PDD.

Please find

PDD version:

Still struggling! :frowning:

@GargiMitra, Tell me exactly which error you are getting? did you make changes in selectors of click activity?

Yes I have changed the selector for click. It is now

Runtime it is currently picking the user input value (=2018 in my previous reply). but error is “cant find the UI element corresponding to this selector” as I previously stated.

are you clicking on drop down ?

<html app='chrome.exe' title='ACME System 1 - Reports - Download Monthly Report' />
<webctrl aaname='2019' parentid='searchForm' tag='A' />

end of selector should look like this…

Yes I am clicking the drop down then editing the selector as per the PDD. End of selector also I have changed as per tag=‘A’.

No luck!

@GargiMitra

this should work

System1_Download_Minthly_Report.xaml (27.3 KB)

2 Likes

What did the trick for me, was not clicking the drop down, but instead SimulateClicking the year directly with the same selector you used.
"<html title='ACME System 1 - Reports - Download Monthly Report' /><webctrl aaname='"+in_ReportYear+"' parentid='searchForm' tag='SPAN' />"

Cheers, Lukas

1 Like