I wouldn’t call it unstable, but remember nothing’s perfect. We’re always bound to get bugs and other issues when we develop something.
Although, sometimes I do prefer working with IE on some automation projects that requires browser interaction. However, pop-up recognition issues are some of the most common obstacles developers tend to face when making automations regardless of the browser.
I would recommend you try the following:
- First try the suggestions made by @GBK.
- Then try the send hot key ‘enter’.
- This is actually my go to workaround whenever applicable (i.e. pressing enter can actually “select” the ok button and close the pop up) if I’m having selector issues with pop ups. Since send hot key activities doesn’t need to rely on selectors.
- You can also try waiting for a few seconds, since detecting and separating UI elements can sometimes take a while. Meaning, try hovering your mouse cursor over the pop-up “Ok” button for a few seconds while indicating the element and see if that will work.
- You can also try and indicate the element using UiExplorer and see if that will work.
And yes, of course we’ll try to help you out with your automation issues.
Have a great day, happy automating!