Clear default value from the drop down list

Hi,

i am trying to select new a value from the drop down list but this drop down list is having a default value and its not cleared . how to set the new value and it should not append with existing default value . btw is a webpage . your help is much appreciated

Hi @Venktaraman_Mani ,

Check if the web page you are working with in particular this drop down allows Type the required value in. If it does allow try using type into activity with Empty Field property enabled.

If It does not allow typing in. Try the “Select Item Activity” ,Below is the official documentation on that URL,
Activities - Select Item (uipath.com)

Let me know if you need any further assistance.!

Thanks,
Gautham.

Hi Gautam

Thanks for the quick response, problem I have is the default value is not cleared , it’s appending with the selected item , need to clear the value then select the item from the drop down list

Hi @Venktaraman_Mani ,

Try the type into with empty the field property enabled (Just to clear the field)

Then try using the select item.

Thanks,
Gautham.

1 Like

Great @Venktaraman_Mani ,

Please mark as solution if my response helped you .

If not post how you resolved and mark that itself as solution. It would help if someone else is facing same challenge and is looking for a solution.

Happy automating.!

Thanks,
Gautham.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.