Citrix plugin question

Hi I have installed citrix plugin for my citrix application automation. I do not understand how this is going to help me? Do I find additional activities in the panel when I install citrix plugin? Please advise.

Thank you,

HI,

First, if you want to use Citrix extension in Studio, it’s necessary to install RemoteRuntime into Citrix server. Please check the following document in details. After this you can use UiAutoamtion such as Click, TypeInto as same as use them in local machine.

https://docs.uipath.com/studio/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/about-uipath-remote-runtime

Regards,

@Yoichi
I would not be allowed to install remote run time on the citrix server. Please suggest if there is an alternative.

thank you,

Hi,

It might be able to use Extension if you run UiPathRemoteRuntime.exe on the server. However, it may be limited by policy.

If we cannot use Extension, it’s necessary to use Image recognization and keyboard shortcut only.

Regards,

Thank you, @Yoichi
Image and keyboard activities mentioned above come from modern or classic? In Modern all UI activities must be in use app/browser activity. I am not able to catch Citrix application with Use App activity.

Thank you,

Hi,

Do you mean you cannot attach Citrix receiver using Use Application activity?
How about attaching Desktop of the client machine?

Regards,

1 Like

@Yoichi
Thank you, I am partially able to some activities using image selection and keys. However still not able to do type in, drop down selection etc.

Hi,

If you need to type text into some field, probably it’s necessary to click it and make it editable, then use TypeInto activity.
Also, probably it’s necessary to use ClickImage etc. to select item of drop down.

Regards,

Thank you, @Yoichi. Will try.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.