Capstone projects - Stock Broker robot

I’m doing a stock broker project from UiPath and I’m running into a wall.
So this project aims to build an automation solution that buys and sells shares on a stock broker website:

https://www.rpachallenge.com/assets/rpaStockMarket/index.html

I hope I’m using all the right activities to set it up, I’m actually stuck on the “if” activity and what to put in the condition (VB expression)?

Can anyone list the steps in the project on how to do this properly so I know I’m doing it right?:blush:

Project 2: Stock-Broker Project

Project Overview: This project aims to build a Project that buys and sells shares on a stock-broker website. The Project searches for current prices of the company shares on the Stock Market webpage. It further tracks the values and performs actions which are stated in the ‘Rule.xlsx’ file and finally sends a confirmation email.

The ‘Rule’ file used in the code has the below mentioned fields:

•Company name

•Expected Price

•Action Taken– Buy or sell

Rule set for the Project to Action:

•Buy – The Project will check if the Current Share price mentioned on the webpage is lesser or equal to the Expected Share Price mentioned in the excel file, the bot will buy the shares.

•Sell – The Project will check if the Current Share price mentioned on the webpage is higher than the Expected Share Price mentioned in the excel file, the bot will sell the shares.

Steps build the Stock-Broker Project:

Step 1: The Project will open the stock market webpage of RPAChallenge.com website.

Step 2: On the webpage, it searches for the shares of the companies mentioned in the ‘Rule.xlsx’ file. In the code the companies used are:

•Exenon UI Pharma.

•WEX Academy Inc.

•Exxon RPA Corp.

Step 3: It will then check the expected price of the share and compare the values mentioned in the ‘Rule.xlsx’ file.

Step 4: After comparing the prices, it will further perform the action based on the current share price.

Step 5: Once it completes the action, it will update the action in the ‘Rule’ file and send a confirmation through email.

1. What is Stock

Stock is the shares in which the ownership of a company or corporation is divided. Shares are small portion of the company that gives you a small ownership in the company.

1. What is Share Market

The share market is where the shares of various companies are sold or purchased.

Hi

Let me try to provide a pseudocode for the stock broker project:

1. Open the stock market webpage.
  2. Get the current price of the shares for each company in the ‘Rule.xlsx’ file.
  3. For each company:
    • Compare the current price to the expected price in the ‘Rule.xlsx’ file.
    • If the current price is less than or equal to the expected price:
      • Buy the shares.
    • If the current price is greater than the expected price:
      • Sell the shares.
  4. Update the action in the ‘Rule.xlsx’ file for each company.
  5. Send a confirmation email.

Hope this helps

Cheers @Sara_Piana