Can't click a folder in a dialog window!

So far, I’ve designed a bot to (1) open a macro-enabled workbook and (2) click a command button that has a macro attached to it. This runs the macro, which opens a dialog window.

After I use UiPath to click the command button, the macro runs. The first thing the macro does is open a dialog window. From here, I know want to click into a folder (e.g. Mission Support) within the dialog window (image below).

The problem is, UiPath doesn’t seem to let me do this. Its forcing me to indicate (aka click) within excel (image below) instead of being able to click a folder within the dialog window that the macro opened. I get an errors that reads “Indicate in Excel failed. Error: Cannot attach to document ‘e.g. File Location’. Maker sure it is already open in Excel. Excel appears to be busy. Please check that you are not editing a value and that no dialog windows are opened”

How do I work around this?

Hi

Could you share the Macro, So that I can take a look at it.

Thanks

Hello @contractRPA

Are you trying to click on a window opened as part of macros execution?? If yes, did you tried with recorder??

I hope the window opened is not attached with the excel and that’s why you are getting the error.

Thanks

SOLVED. Thanks everyone. Solution was to use the Parallel activity

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.