Cannot view all Incident Properties within ServiceNow Activities

Recently we have set up the ServiceNow integration within UiPath, no matter what we do we cannot seem to view all the properties within the incident table. We have tried using the ‘Get Record’ activity to pull information from the incident table and only have these fields:
In particular we are missing the assignment_group field. When creating an incident, we also cannot populate this field. To my understanding from my ServiceNow admin, this should not be a permissions issue. Has anyone had an issue like this or figured out any workarounds?

I have quite some extensive experience in the Service Now Integration Service, so hopefully I can help.

The first thing to validate, is your incident really an ‘incident’. There are lots of different ticket types that, via the Ui, seem like incidents, but underlying are different types, you can usually determine this from the URL if you are willing to share, excluding your specific Service Now instance.

After that, there can be permissions issues. The integration Service checks a system table in order to figure out what fields are present within any incident or record, and this table is not accessible via default.
This is hard to debug, since the Integration Service will silently fail on many of these things and not give any meaningful errors. One way I have debugged in the past is to use a network traffic monitoring tool, like Fiddler or wireshark as I use UiPath Studio to see what API calls it made and see if any fail, if there are failing ones to Service Now that really helps determine the permissions issue.

Lastly, it still helps to validate some of these things in Postman, for example trying to get an incident via an API request. Its a real shame to need to do this, as the integration should ideally prevent you from needing to deal with API stuff, but its not mature enough yet on all packages.

1 Like