Cannot schedule the process with Windows task scheduler: Timeout reached

Scenario: I"m trying to schedule with Windows task scheduler a very simple UIPath process, where UiPath opens another app and simply enters some data. When running the process through Windows Task Scheduler manually by selecting “Run” it works perfectly fine. However, when I set a time for it and minimize the window it won’t start and returns an error “Timeout reached”. Any ideas how to solve this?..

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: Community edition

OS Version: Windows server 2012 R2
Others if Relevant: Full errror message:
{“message”:“UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached.\r\n at UiPath.UiNodeClass.BringIntoView()\r\n at UiPath.Core.UiElement.BringToForeground()\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)”,“level”:“Error”,“timeStamp”:“2017-05-30T15:37:52.1504525+03:00”}

Hi,
This is a Windows OS limitation (no UI is rendered when you minimize the remote desktop window). Here is a workaround: UiPath does not work in Cloud - #4 by badita (check also the rest of the topic) .The workaround must be done on the machine that initiates the remote desktop connection (your local machine)
Thanks,
Cosmin

3 Likes

Thank you, I will try this!

Confirmed.
This solutions http://www.networkautomation.com/urc/knowledgebase/running-interactive-tasks-in-minimized-remote-desktop-windows/4ecdf43e03470/ does the trick!

1 Like