Process fails in Unattended but works in local

Hi,

I have read many posts, but I still can’t manage to solve the issue.
Here is the scene
I have been developing a process and testing all the time using UiPath Robot (2018.4.3). However, when I try to run it from Orchestrator (2018.4.3) fails.

Description of the process:
Only once

  • Log in Desktop App 1
  • Log in Desktop App 2
    For every user
  • Identify user in App 1
  • Get user data from App 1
  • Identify user in App 2 -->> HERE is where the ERROR throws
  • Get user data from App 2
  • Rest of steps…

The elements are not found and TimeOut exception is thrown. At the beginning, I have have an ACTIVATE activity (according Logs is where the TimeOut occurs). However, I commented it out and the error happened into the next activity.

This is the error message I received

UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached. at UiPath.UiNodeClass.BringIntoView() at UiPath.Core.UiElement.BringToForeground() — End of inner exception stack trace — at UiPath.Executor.WorkflowRunner.EndExecute(IAsyncResult result) in D:\a\1\s\Robot\UiPath.Executor\WorkflowRuntime.cs:line 208 at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result) at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Thanks

Hi @cmolina

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you try these posts? Each contains a solution to the error message you have mentioned:
https://forum.uipath.com/search?q=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException%3A%20Timeout%20reached%20in%3Asolved

My bet is that the activities you have there are not supported by the unattended scenario.

Please see here:

1 Like

Thanks for the replay. I saw them. But now, I clarified a bit more.

Apparently, yes, it is a resolution problem. Why it affects only to the “Desktop App 2” (basically is the same as “Desktop App 1”) at certain time, no so sure.

  • I tried usiing the same resolution in both environments (local and remote), no success
  • I tried the option of using Launch Interactive Workflow, no success.

That is why I discard the resolution matter. However, I just notice that the activity Launch Interative Workflow is deprecated for the version I am using. Therefore, I went into the robot settings in orchestrator and changed the resolution (only Height and Width) 1024x768. And it works!!

Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.